Property Title Search
What is a Title Search?
- Names of the property’s current owners
- If there is a mortgage registered on the title
- Any registered caveats for buyers to be aware of
- Information about any kind of easement, restriction or covenant that might affect a property
Why do you need a Title Search?
Competitively priced in each state
Our Title Search reports delivered to your email and InfoTrackGO account fast!
Reliable reports delivered from each state’s registered land authority.
Title Searches are available for all Australian states with InfoTrackGO
What does a Title Search cover?
Owners of the property
Mortgages on the property
What states are covered?
Where do we source our Property Titles from?
Property / Title Search FAQs
A Title Search is a current copy of the Certificate of Title which shows the current owner/s, the land description and any dealings associated that property owners need to be aware of.
A Certificate of Title, Title Search and a Deed Reference are all names used for what is known as a Title Search report. Although the names may be used interchangeably, the information included in these reports is the same.
In some states of Australia, Title Searches are only available through authorised providers like InfoTrackGO. For example, in NSW, you are not able to obtain a Title Search through the NSW LRS.
When you search with InfoTrackGO, we only require the property address to help complete your searches with ease. When searching with alternative third party search providers, these may require you to enter additional details including folio/volume number.
The Title Search will advise if the seller has a saleable interest in the property, whether there are any restrictions on the use of the land and if any liens exist on the property which need to be paid off at closing.
- To ascertain current owners
- To see if there is a mortgage on the title
- To show if there are any caveats registered on the title
- To see if the property is affected by or appurtenant to any easements, restrictions or covenants